- A leadership program that is specially designed to target organizational leaders when they are most moldable, not simply a kids’ program emphasizing leadership
- Project-based, experiential, organizational leadership training curricula, that is grounded in research and modelled after executive programs; designed specifically for children’s 5 developmental phases
- Teaches the 16 most desirable leader qualities, dividing them into 4 modules, each consisting of 8 lessons (participants can join any of the 4 modules, since they are non-sequential)
- Taught by certified trainers using media, experiential activities and real-to-life projects
We believe that:
- LEADERSHIP is the process by which people accomplish together what they could not as individuals. LEADERS are those who spur on this process.
- The single most strategic time for developing leaders of character and competence is the preteen years (10-13 years)
LeadYoung meets at Bramalea Alliance Church, and we meet at Sundays from 10:30AM - 12:15PM.
Below are the start dates for LeadYoung Modules:
Module 1: January 13-March 3, 2019
Module 2:October/November 2019
Module 3: January/February 2020
Module 4: October/November 2020
LeadYoung costs $60 per module. The cost includes the book and a t-shirt.
LeadNow is a program designed for 10-13 year olds. The training is most effective for the 20% who currently exhibit a propensity toward influencing. Generally, these characteristics emerge early in life, observable by parents, teachers and coaches in social settings. Whether it’s trying to boss a sibling, organize recess activities, or initiate new projects, there are cues for detecting emerging leaders.
Because life experience is still limited, we rely heavily on developing the natural leadership talent identified through an online assessment that adults complete for the preteen to help identify children with observable organizational leader qualities, making this a basic requirement for enrollment in the program. Students are selected based on scoring